Monday, March 3, 2008

Week Two, Take 2

Since Robyn only got to do one Week 2 session last week and I did two, we decided tonight to redo Week 2 instead of going ahead to Week 3. Robyn got home while the kids were in the middle of dinner, and we were trying to figure who we could get to come babysit while we did our run, or if we'd have to trade off. Ridley suggested Maddy, so we gave her a call and it turned out she was available right away.

We did our warm-up walk on the way out to the high school track, which works out to just about 5 minutes, and then did the session around the track. It was a cold, clear night, but not too bad. I wore some fuzzy gloves and my hands were still cold throughout, but Robyn (who wasn't wearing gloves) said at the end that her hands were warmed up after the run. My right hip, which had been bugging me after the runs last week, seems to be doing better tonight.

I remarked to Robyn that running isn't really something that I'm enjoying. It's more something that I can do all right and feel is good for me, but it's not something that gives me pleasure the way riding a bike or skiing does. She said that our trip to Hawaii led her to a realization: it's not that she thinks she's going to start enjoying running or other exercise, but that when we do get the chance to do something fun like boogie boarding or hiking on a tough trail with gorgeous views, she doesn't want to miss out or have to quit early because she's out of shape. So here's to getting in shape for those opportunities!

No comments: