Today was the second run of Week 3. As Jonathan mentioned, it's adding some longer runs without actually increasing the total running time. We split up and did the runs separately tonight, because even though I had the day off from clinic it was hard to get us motivated to go during the day. By the time we finally realized we'd be running out of daylight soon, Jonathan was in the middle of a labor-intensive dinner preparation. So I ran, and then stirred the soup while he ran. It was interesting to compare our paces - when we don't run together, he covers quite a bit more ground than I do. But he also gets tired faster! He said he was starting to lose steam by the end of the 3-minute runs, but I definitely had the feeling that I could easily continue on for a while longer. However, during that 3 minutes he had covered about 600m while I had gone just over 400m. So in running together, we probably pace each other to mutual advantage: he speeds me up so I get more out of the workout, and I pace him so he can easily finish the whole thing without feeling tired.
I actually am enjoying this quite a bit, and think I'll try to talk my hubby into an actual 5K (probably in the Denver or Colorado Springs area), sometime this spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment