As Robyn said, it was cold and wet here in Tribune yesterday so I didn't do my 20-minute run until this afternoon. I picked up Ridley from preschool, called the babysitter, and then went out. It had been chilly when I'd been outside, but I overestimated the amount of clothing I needed and was pretty hot and sweaty by the time I was done. And since today I decided to run the "walking circuit" around town instead of the high school track, I couldn't take off my sweatshirt and leave it somewhere.
Instead of using the podcast, I listened to an episode of "This American Life" on my Palm, and then checked my time with my cell phone clock. The first story was about basketball, and I think in my enthusiasm listening to the story, I started off too fast. By around 12 minutes in I was getting really tired and on the verge of slowing to a walk to get a breather. But I did manage to keep jogging and kept it up the rest of the time. When I did finally slow down to a walk, though, my legs felt a bit wobbly at first and it was difficult to keep up a brisk walking pace.
Incidentally, we had walked or run on portions of the circuit before; there are just arrows spray painted on the ground to point you when you should turn on a road (sometimes hard to see), and we'd seen the "1 mile" line. But today while following the arrows, I came to a "Finish" line which was probably half a mile or so from the "1 mile" mark. I'm really not sure how the two lines connect, or where the "Start" is, so that doesn't help me gauge how far I've been running.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment