Monday, March 24, 2008

Blazing Forward!

So this is the second post in a day, just because last week every time I tried to post about our week 4 run my computer decided to crash. For some reason, my work laptop doesn't like Blogger! Anyway, this picture should have gone with THAT post because today we didn't take the kiddos with us. (Which, I might add, greatly disappointed Hania. When we got back home she pointed at the door and shouted "Out! OUT!" until I took her out. Then she grabbed my hand, pointed to the end of the driveway and said "Go!" "Go where?" I foolishly asked. "GOOOOOO!" So we walked around the house and then came back inside.)

Anyway, we decided this evening the heck with repeating week 4 and let's get going! On to week five! I had done two of the three week 4 runs already, and Jonathan, well, this just hasn't been challenging for his natural runner's physique. Week 5 is actually three different runs on the three days. Starting each day with a 5-minute warm-up walk, it goes like so:
Day 1: Three intervals of a 5-minute run and a 3-minute walk
Day 2: Two intervals of an 8-minute run and a 5-minute walk
Day 3: One long 20-minute run, with no walking

We did Day 1 today, and for the first time we ran on the streets instead of the high school track (it was being painted). My body was a little bit shocked to find itself actually running up a small hill at one point! (Note: in any other part of our great nation, this "hill" would not even register as such. Here where we live, it counts, OK?) Running out in the community brought us into contact with a lot more people, who were also out running or walking, some with families, and it was pretty fun. We also got to give cheery waves to the people driving by in their big ol' cars. I bet they were jealous of us.

No comments: