Sunday, March 30, 2008

Intervals Away!

Day 3 of week 5 is a solid 20-minute run, the first of the training sequence without a walking interval (except the warm-up and cool-down stuff of course). The other first today is that I got up and ran first thing this morning, instead of later in the day. At first I lay in bed convincing myself that I could hear rain and see lightning outside my hotel room window. But eventually I remembered that my window actually overlooks an indoor courtyard with lots of fountains and light features.... What really did it is that I couldn't decide whether or not I'd shower this morning before the conference sessions if I decided to run later. I really felt like I could use a shower, but if I was just going to go out and sweat later... the decision was too complicated. I got up and ran rather than try to puzzle it out.

And sweat I did! I'm down here in Dallas at a conference, and although the elevation is a good 3000 feet lower, the humidity is immeasurably higher. It was OK as long as I was running into the wind, but whenever I turned around my glasses fogged over completely. And my clothing was totally soaked by the time I was done. Speaking of soaked, it was rainy and COLD in Tribune today, so we don't know if Jonathan will get his run in or not. Hope he'll post about it when he does.

No comments: