This morning I got up and ran early, but both my Scuttlebutts were out of town so I was alone. I took to the streets of Tribune for the first day of Week 2 of the Couch To 5K Podcasts. I only did one day of Week 1 (instead of 3), but I didn't want to get behind and I figured I could handle it. Today's was run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes. Again, I'm doing this more as a speed-interval workout to try to up my pace a bit. I figure I ought to be jogging the "walk" intervals, but right now it's really working me hard to keep up a strong pace for the short "run" intervals.
It struck me today how the advice that Robert (Ullrey, author of the podcasts) gives about running form is exactly the opposite of Christopher McDougall's: Keep your arms loose vs. Pump your elbows. Run on your heels, not your toes; vs. Kick your heels to your butt and practice a mid-foot strike. I will say that McDougall's is more challenging, naturally, since it's hard to run slowly and kick your heels to your rear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment