It's been, ONE WEEK since you ran with me...
I had declared that I would be an official slob if I went longer than a week without running. Since we ran today, and it was therefore NOT longer than a week, I am maybe only a temporary slob (the way my 4-year-old is a "temporary fairy" when she puts on her dress-ups with wings). My excuses, in chronological order:
1) Wednesday: Only one day after last run; not in the training program!
2) Thursday: Icky, awful weather with rain, hail, snow, and 40 mph winds. I'm totally
excused here.
3) Friday: Beginning of my worst call weekend since arriving in Tribune.
4) Saturday: See 3).
5) Sunday: See 3).
6) Monday: Fallout from 3), 4), and 5).
Seriously, I was seriously wiped out yesterday. For that matter, I'm seriously wiped out today. But I feel really, really good that we went out running. Today we ran over toward Horace and back. It was uphill going there, downhill coming back. That was a good way to do it, I think. :)
I am really happy to have Jonathan as my running partner. He doesn't mind slowing down for me (as earlier pointed out, he knows I'm allowing him to finish without burning out early), and we actually have time to TALK to each other. Heck, I think I would keep doing a running program 3 days a week just to have the time with my husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad to see you're still running! :)
Post a Comment