Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week Two: Florida

This week I've been visiting my family in Florida and have been able to run outside in much warmer weather. I got myself a pair of Nike Free 5.0 running shoes at Ross; I'd had a pair of Free 1.0 in Portland but I didn't really wear them for running, and I figured these would be worth a try.

Week Two is 90 seconds of running alternating with 2 minutes of brisk walking. I'm noticing that my right hip is getting sore during the runs, but everything else has been okay. Oh, and I've been getting bug bites because, hey, it's Florida.

You can see in the photo that Ridley is trying to run with me too. Every so often when I pass by the playground area she joins me for a bit and then heads back. Today she went with me for a lap during my cool down walk.

No comments: