Friday, February 29, 2008

Like Hitting Yourself With A Bat...

...it feels GREAT when you stop!

Just kidding about the bat - running actually feels pretty good when it's in progress too. But this evening I had about as much trouble convincing myself to run as I would have convincing myself to get hit on the head. I worked all day, I was tired, I'm lonely... oh, the excuses. But Jonathan called this evening while I was (VERY slowly) getting changed into running clothes, which reminded me that they'll be home tomorrow, and that was the boost I needed to get started. Once I was going, it really felt great.

This was, ahem, actually my first day of Week 2 of the C25K program. But it's Friday, you say! Yes, it is. So this should be my third day? Yes, it should. I was traveling for work earlier in the week (Sunday thru yesterday, to be exact), and although I packed my stuff and had all the best intentions, there never seemed to be half an hour available to squeeze it in. The week was probably worth it, work-wise, but I was disappointed not to keep up with the program. Especially because Jonathan has been doing his bit without me!

Jonathan has completed two days of Week 2, and I've now completed one. He'll be traveling all day tomorrow, no time to do his third. So we'll do a Week 2 day together on Sunday and then re-evaluate whether we want to start Week 3 next Tuesday, or repeat Week 2 another time. No shame in that!

Today's run was easier than I expected! After the last group of 60-sec intervals in Week 1, I thought I was in pretty bad shape. Today's run was fewer, longer intervals (6 x 90 sec, instead of 8 x 60 sec), and for some reason it was easier even though it's a minute longer of total running time.

No comments: